2022 PUERTO PRINCESA TRAVEL GUIDE with Necessities, Pattern Itinerary & Finances
Right here’s our most up-to-date PUERTO PRINCESA TRAVEL GUIDE BLOG that you need to use to plan your journey. It features a pattern Puerto Princesa itinerary for 3 days 2 nights, and journey tips about the place to remain, how a lot funds to spend, and issues to do.
Ever heard of kambak-kambak syndrome?
Previous to our final Puerto Princesa journey, I’d by no means encountered this time period earlier than. You understand how you are likely to return to a vacation spot again and again? It appears to occur loads in Palawan, and so the locals gave it a reputation — kambak-kambak — a tongue-in-cheek spin to “come again, come again”. On condition that our crew have set foot in Puerto Princesa a number of instances over the previous decade, if it have been an actual situation, we most likely had caught it, too!
Whether or not it’s your first time otherwise you’re a kambak-kambak traveler, we’ve put collectively this Puerto Princesa journey information that will help you plan a hassle-free journey!
Right here’s a listing of hyperlinks to among the beneficial motels, excursions, and points of interest which you could e book on-line.
Prime Puerto Princesa Motels on Agoda
Prime Puerto Princesa Excursions on Klook
Prime Puerto Princesa Sights
WHAT’S COVERED IN THIS GUIDE?
The capital of the province of Palawan, Puerto Princesa is a first-class, extremely urbanized metropolis. However regardless of the speedy improvement over time, it retains its rustic and partly suburban vibe; due to the traces of timber and the plush greenery that cowl the realm. No surprise it’s usually dubbed “The Metropolis within the Forest” and has been acknowledged as one of many cleanest and greenest cities within the nation.
Strategically situated in the midst of Palawan, it serves as the first gateway to the principle island. Though it will possibly take hours, you can entry as much as El Nido within the northernmost tip or Bataraza within the south, which serves because the soar off level to the legendary Balabac Islands. The town correct faces Sulu Sea to the southeast, however its territory reaches till the West Philippine Sea to the northwest. Puerto Princesa can be the second largest metropolis within the Philippines, subsequent solely to Davao.
Dubbed because the Eco-Tourism Heart of the Philippines, Puerto Princesa is understood for its organized and synchronized tourism trade. Numerous sectors like tour guides, boat operators, and tricycle drivers work collectively. The excursions are regulated and monitored by the Tourism Workplace, therefore standardized excursions are provided to vacationers. The most well-liked is a tour of the Puerto Princesa Underground River, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Website and voted as one of many New7Wonders of Nature in 2012.
Listed below are some important info that you just may discover helpful to know earlier than going to Puerto Princesa.
Puerto Princesa is open to all vacationers no matter their vaccination standing. We didn’t expertise any doc inspection upon arrival within the metropolis. However airline workers do ask to see the next upon checkin:
- Legitimate ID
- Vaccination card or VaxCertPH (for absolutely vaccinated vacationers)
Nonetheless, if you happen to’re coming from a spot below Alert Stage 2 or larger, a unfavourable antigen take a look at outcome legitimate inside someday previous to departure is required.
The Puerto Princesa Worldwide Airport (PPS) serves as the principle gateway to town and different municipalities in Palawan. Most home airways — Philippine Airways, Cebu Pacific, AirAsia — have flights to and from Puerto Princesa, so on the lookout for one wouldn’t be an issue.
Puerto Princesa Airport to Metropolis Heart
The Puerto Princesa Worldwide Airport is situated throughout the metropolis middle. From right here, going to areas throughout the metropolis correct would take solely jiffy.
Probably the most handy mode of transportation from the airport is the tricycle. Tricycles will be discovered parked exterior the airport, ready for passengers. You’ll need to stroll a bit to the gate and exit the airport to experience one.
Listed below are the fares from the airport to totally different components of town. Tricycles can accommodate as much as 3 folks.
- Inside the metropolis middle: P150
- To San Jose Terminal: P200
- To Honda Bay: P500
In case you’re booked with an upscale lodge or resort, double test with the administration first and see if they provide free airport transfers.
Numerous lodging are located throughout the metropolis middle, not too removed from the airport. Beachfront motels or resorts are often situated a bit farther. Staying within the metropolis correct is good if you wish to see extra of town and have quick access to its many eating places and outlets.
Prime Finances Motels & Guesthouses in Puerto Princesa
Listed below are among the top-ranking however inexpensive properties on Agoda with over 100 critiques:
Fashionable Puerto Princesa Resorts
You probably have a much bigger funds, listed here are among the most well-known properties within the metropolis.
Most of the points of interest in Puerto Princesa will be visited as a part of a tour. Though it’s doable to tug a DIY to avoid wasting on the prices, reserving a packaged tour will make it extra handy and hassle-free. Once you avail of 1, you’ll even have a educated tour information who can provide you extra info and insights about every spot, permitting you to understand it extra.
On this part, we’ll share with you the very best points of interest and actions in Puerto Princesa, grouped in response to the excursions that they’re often part of. We’ll embody prices for each packaged and DIY excursions.
Puerto Princesa Underground River Tour
The town’s most well-known vacationer spot, the Puerto Princesa Subterranean River is a UNESCO World Heritage Website, a Ramsar Wetland Website, and one of many New 7 Wonders of Nature.
On a paddle boat, you’ll be led by a information on a journey into the cave that shelters the underground river. The tour covers solely the primary 1.5 kilometers, however the river measures 8.2 kilometers lengthy in full. Some components are open solely to scientists and different permitted explorers.
Contained in the cave, you will note gorgeous stalactites, stalagmites and the varied formations that took form for over hundreds of years. You’ll additionally study extra concerning the cave system by means of the supplied audio information.
You probably have restricted time or funds and will solely avail of 1 packaged tour, this must be it. The PPUR administration solely permits a restricted variety of vacationers per day. Due to this, walk-ins usually are not allowed and superior reservation is required. In case you e book a tour with a journey company or tour operator, they’ll deal with the paperwork for you. You’ll additionally keep away from the difficulty of arranging transportation to Sabang Seaside which is the jump-off level, round one and a half hours away.
Packaged excursions often embody:
- roundtrip land switch to Sabang Seaside
- roundtrip boat switch to the underground river
- audio information
You may additionally avail this tour through Klook for P1900. However in case you have extra time and greater funds, contemplate doing a 3-in-1 Sabang Tour. At P3550, it consists of the next:
- Underground River Tour
- Sabang X Zipline
- Mangrove Paddle Tour
Examine up to date charges or e book under:
✅ BOOK UNDERGROUND RIVER TOUR HERE!
✅ BOOK UNDERGROUND RIVER + SABANG ZIPLINE + MANGROVE PADDLE TOUR!
Honda Bay Tour
Honda Bay Tour is an island hopping exercise that can take you to at the least three islands not too far-off from town. As of this writing, solely 3 islands are open for island hopping excursions: Starfish Island, Luli Island, and Cowrie Island.
In case you’re touring with a big group, pulling a DIY might help you save. In case you’re touring solo, with a small group otherwise you merely need the comfort of availing a packaged tour, journey businesses and motels often provide this tour for P1500 per particular person.
In case you plan to journey independently, listed here are the charges for personal boats. You’ll see two costs as a result of you’ve two boat choices: 3-cylinder and 4-cylinder boats.
- 3 Islands (Starfish, Luli & Cowrie): P1800 to P2100
- 2 Islands (Luli & Cowrie solely): P1500 to P1800
You may additionally choose to skip the island hopping in case you have a selected island you wish to go to.
There’s additionally an environmental payment that you need to pay on the wharf. Listed below are the charges:
- Environmental payment: P150
- Terminal payment: P5
- Goggles & snorkel rental: P150
- Full face masks rental: P200
- Aqua footwear rental: P150
- Fins rental: P150
Every island additionally has a separate entrance payment and cottage rental charges as nicely. Listed below are the doorway charges per island.
- Cowrie Island: P100
- Luli Island: P70
- Starfish Island: P50
If you wish to keep away from the trouble of paying these charges by yourself, you possibly can simply e book a packaged tour. Honda Bay Excursions are inclusive of land and boat transfers, entrance and cottages charges, and lunch. You may additionally avail this tour through Klook!
Puerto Princesa Metropolis Tour
This half-day tour will be finished both within the morning or afternoon. Tour operators often provide this tour for P600 per particular person, however it’s also possible to constitution a tricycle for P1000 per car, which might accommodate as much as 3 folks.
The town tour often consists of the next stops:
- Palawan Wildlife Rescue and Conservation Heart. First often known as Crocodile Farming Institute, it retains and breeds two species of crocodiles: the Philippine crocodile (Crocodylus mindorensis) and the saltwater crocodile (Crocodylus porosus). Rescued animals are additionally housed on this facility, particularly these which are endemic to the province.
- Plaza Cuartel. A historic sq., Plaza Cuartel was an previous garrison the place the Palawan Bloodbath occurred in December 1944. 100 fifty American prisoners of struggle have been stored in a tunnel throughout World Warfare II till they have been killed by the Japanese by burning them alive. Eleven prisoners have been capable of escape and survive. Their names are actually displayed on a plaque contained in the plaza.
- Binuatan Creations. A present store the place you should purchase handloom woven merchandise constructed from Palawan’s native grasses and fibers. Other than buying, it’s also possible to see how the merchandise are made of their workshop and even strive weaving your self!
- Mitra’s Ranch. This property sitting on high of a hill in Brgy. Sta. Monica is owned by the late Senator Ramon Mitra and his household. It’s open to the general public and serves as a viewpoint.
- Baker’s Hill. Fashionable for his or her hopia and different pastries, that is the same old pasalubong cease! It’s additionally a park with many picture-worthy corners and has an in-house restaurant if you wish to seize a chew.
If you wish to have a extra snug tour in an air-conditioned van, you possibly can avail this tour on Klook.
Firefly Watching Tour
Spend a magical evening and watch fireflies and the celebs whereas on board a small boat. There are three areas for firefly watching in Puerto Princesa:
- Iwahig. The primary firefly watching location in Puerto Princesa. As of writing, that is closed and firefly watching excursions listed here are unavailable.
- Sicsican River. The tour commences on the Baywalk, the place you’ll hop on a ship that can take you to Sicsican River. A dinner on the boat can be included on this tour.
- Nagsaguipi River. Bask in a buffet dinner earlier than you feast your eyes with the glowing fireflies!
Tour operators provide this tour between P1300- P1600 per particular person. Firefly watching tour in Nagsaguipi River can be out there on Klook.
Lower than an hour away from town correct, Nagtabon Seaside was a spot for individuals who wish to keep away from the gang. Now, a lot of lodging institutions stand alongside the seashore, however the place stays simply as breathtaking. This can be a good place to go to if you happen to’re trying to spend extra time on the seashore with out having to journey too far-off from town.
Make your option to San Jose terminal and hop on a bus going north. Any bus sure for Taytay, Roxas, or El Nido will do. Inform the motive force to drop you off in Bacungan (P80) then experience a tricycle going to Nagtabon Seaside (P300, max 3 pax).
In case you’re a bunch, you possibly can lease a van to take you straight to Nagtabon. In case you can drive two wheels, renting a motorcycle can be an choice if there are two of you otherwise you’re touring solo.
Nagtabon Seaside can be included in your Puerto Princesa Metropolis Tour itinerary for an extra payment. Simply ask your driver if he’s OK with it.
Thrill-seekers will love this attraction. This 800-meter lengthy zipline is alleged to be one of many longest ziplines within the Philippines. You may get pleasure from this solo or by pair as you glide throughout Sabang Seaside. The experience would additionally deal with you to a unbelievable view of Sabang from above. It takes a brief 15-minute hike to succeed in the zipline’s place to begin.
That is often packaged with Underground River since Sabang additionally serves because the jump-off level to it. You are able to do this previous to the underground river cease if there’s a protracted ready time or after it simply earlier than you’ve lunch. Sabang X-Zipline prices P550.
You may additionally avail this through Klook for a reduced value.
Different Puerto Princesa Sights
- Ugong Rock Adventures. An journey park situated in Barangay Tagabinet the place you possibly can go trekking, rappeling, and spelunking. A 71-meter zipline can be one of many options, making your journey extra unforgettable. Book here! ✅
- Palawan Waterpark by Astoria. That is the one waterpark in Palawan. In case you’re on the lookout for an exercise that youngsters and youngsters at coronary heart alike would get pleasure from, add this to your itinerary. Every ticket is inclusive of a lunch buffet. Fee: Adults, P1200; Children (4ft and under), P950; Children (2 years previous and under), FREE
- Tibag Falls. About 40 minutes away from town middle, Tibag Falls is situated in Bacungan. To get right here, board a bus going north at San Jose Terminal. Ask the motive force to drop you off close to Bacungan Bridge. From there, it might take a 2-hour stroll to succeed in this wonderful falls.
To see extra locations to go to, try: PUERTO PRINCESA TOURIST SPOTS!
Discovering a spot to eat in Puerto Princesa is not going to be an issue. The town middle is teeming with a various assortment of meals spots. If you wish to strive the Puerto Princesa classics, just a few of them are situated alongside Rizal Avenue.
In case you’re on a funds, you possibly can at all times depend on carinderias (small eateries) the place a P100-budget can get you a full meal.
Listed below are among the most well-known eating places in Puerto Princesa:
Arguably the most well-liked eating spot in Puerto Princesa, this homey restaurant makes a speciality of Pinoy seafood dishes like seafood kare-kare, grilled fish, and shrimp or tuna sinigang. Their menu consists largely of seafood and greens dishes. In addition they have a particular set meal that’s good for 2 for less than P795. In case you’re planning to dine right here, ensure to name the restaurant and make a reservation.
Location: Rizal Avenue, Puerto Princesa Metropolis
Working Hours: Monday-Saturday, 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM – Lunch, 6:00 PM to 11:00 PM – Dinner; Sunda, CLOSED
Contact quantity: (048) 726 6217
Kinabuch’s is an open-air grill and bar the place you possibly can get pleasure from some drinks together with your meal. Their menu has all kinds of Pinoy dishes from appetizers to dessert. It’s additionally a go-to place for individuals who wish to strive Puerto Princesa’s unique dish, tamilok. It’s often served uncooked with a facet of spiced vinegar.
Location: Rizal Avenue, Puerto Princesa Metropolis
Working Hours: Day by day, 4:00 PM to 11:00 PM
Cacaoyan Forest Park
Cacaoyan Forest Park is a buffet restaurant set in a lush backyard bursting with IG-worthy spots. It serves as a lunch cease on many Underground River excursions provided by journey businesses. However if you wish to expertise this by itself, finest to make advance reservations.
The lunch buffet is priced at P350/particular person, however you may get a reduction if you happen to e book with Klook.
Location: Sabang, Puerto Princesa
Working Hours: Day by day, 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
You can even order tamilok right here for P100 per plate.
Different Puerto Princesa Eating places
- Badjao Seafront Restaurant. If you wish to dine by the bay and feast on contemporary seafood, that is the place to be. It stands subsequent to mangroves and has a view of the sundown which provides to its appeal. Value begins at P125 as much as P550. Their seafood platter prices P1,150.
– Location: Abueg St., Puerto Princesa Metropolis
– Working hours: Day by day, 11:00 AM to 9:00 PM
- Balinsasayaw Restaurant. A budget-friendly restaurant serving low-cost to mid-range Pinoy dishes. Their worth meals prices lower than P200. In case you’re with a bunch, in addition they have group meals which you could avail.
– Tackle: Manalo St., Puerto Princesa Metropolis
– Working Hours: Day by day, 10:00 AM to eight:00 PM
- Ka Joel’s Restaurant. One other dependable identify within the metropolis’s meals scene, Ka Joel’s serves Filipino delicacies. Its bestsellers embody rooster inasal and beef kare kare.
– Location: Purok Centro, Puerto Princesa Metropolis
– Working Hours: Day by day, 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM- Lunch, 5:30 PM to 9:30 PM- Dinner
For loaded vacationers, large motels have their in-house eating places that spotlight their tackle Filipino delicacies.
- Hue Resort homes Matiz Restaurant and Tapas Bar, which boasts a largely Spanish menu.
- Princesa Backyard Island Resort and Spa has a eating complicated that includes 4 eating places together with the Golden Elephant Seafood Village, which makes a speciality of Thai meals.
Right here’s a pattern 3-day 2-night Puerto Princesa itinerary with breakdown of bills. Be aware that this itinerary assumes the next:
- You’re a celebration of two, splitting among the prices.
- The lodging you’ll e book prices P1500 per evening. In case you cut up it between 2 folks, that might be P750 per evening per particular person.
- You’ll e book many of the excursions through Klook.
However as at all times, be at liberty to make changes primarily based in your schedule and preferences.
- DAY 1: CITY TOUR
08:20 AM – Arrival in Puerto Princesa
09:00 AM – Tricycle to lodge, P75 (P150/2pax)
09:20 AM – Resort check-in
11:00 AM – Early lunch
12:30 PM – Metropolis Tour (Tricycle), P500 (P1000/2pax)
– Crocodile Park: P70
– Butterfly Backyard: P60
– Mitra’s Ranch: P20
04:00 PM – Resort, clean up
06:00 PM – Dinner at Ka Lui, P500
09:30 PM – Again to lodge
- DAY 2: UNDERGROUND RIVER
06:00 AM – Get up name
07:00 AM – Underground River Tour, P1900, Book here! ✅
04:00 PM – Again to lodge, Relaxation
07:00 PM – Dinner at Kinabuch’s, P500
10:00 PM – Again to lodge
- DAY 3: HONDA BAY TOUR
6:00 am – Get up, early check-out, depart luggage
7:00 am – Honday Bay Tour, P1640, Book here! ✅
2:00 pm – Again to lodge, choose up luggage
3:00 pm – Tricycle to airport, P75 (P150/2pax)
5:30 pm – Flight again to Manila
This itinerary would price you round PhP 5700 (USD 103, EUR 96, SGD 139), excluding airfare and lodge however together with a little bit of allowance for incidental bills.
In case you’re capable of e book a room for P1400/evening or P700/evening/particular person, put together to shell out a complete of PhP 7,100 (USD 128, EUR 120, SGD 172) excluding airfare however together with some allowance.
You may convey the fee even decrease if you happen to’re a much bigger group and by doing the Honda Bay Tour by yourself (DIY-style).
- Tricycle fare for brief distances is round P15-25. Fares to and for the airport often price greater than the common fares.
- Stroll when you possibly can. The streets of Puerto Princesa are punctuated with timber so it doesn’t get as scorching as different extremely urbanized cities.
- Convey your personal reusable water bottle, so that you don’t must preserve shopping for bottled water. Doing this can aid you get monetary savings and cut back plastic waste on the similar time. You may simply refill your water bottle at your lodge or at your lunch/dinner stops.
- Convey insect repellent lotion. Shield your self from mosquitoes by making use of insect repellent lotion particularly if you go trekking or island hopping.
- Use coral-friendly sunscreen. Keep away from utilizing sunscreen that accommodates substances that would hurt the coral reef like oxybenzone and parabens.
When is the very best time to go to Puerto Princesa?
January to April, the driest interval. However remember that these are additionally the busiest months, peaking in March and April, that are thought of “summer time” months within the Philippines.
If you wish to keep away from the gang, schedule a visit round January to February when the climate just isn’t too scorching and never that wet both. But, additionally it is vital to notice that Palawan is in between two main seas, the West Philippine Sea and the Sulu Sea. Its location extremely impacts its climate system, which is totally different from the remainder of the nation. Even throughout the dry season, it may very well be fairly damp and rain is predicted within the afternoons. In reality, our crew have visited in April as soon as and it nonetheless poured on a few days. And even in our different visits in different months, it might usually rain within the afternoon.
Puerto Princesa is a year-round vacation spot. Whereas town took a beating from Storm Odette just a few years in the past, this isn’t a standard prevalence. Palawan is situated within the western excessive of the nation, remoted from most different primary islands. It isn’t alongside the same old hurricane route.
What’s the energy plug/socket utilized in Puerto Princesa?
Electrical energy Data: 220V, 60Hz. Socket Sort A, largely.